Sydney West Riders Racing Team competed in its only season in 2017. The team consisted of professional racers Thomas Bryden and Cambridge Olivier. The pair raced on their Yamaha YZF-R6s at the Australian Superbike Championships (ASBK) in the Supersport class.
In previous seasons, both would spend most of their career incomes to pursue the dream of ultimately racing at the World Superbike Championship, MotoGP or in Europe. Their sheer passion and talent demonstrated their potential, determination and commitment to the motorsport. Given the lack of financial support and commitment, we were only able to assist the riders for one season. It was a rewarding opportunity and we learnt a tonne during the process! We hope in the near future we can connect with like minded partners to have a well rounded team and make a comeback!
For now, we wish Thomas and Cambridge all the best for the seasons ahead as they continue to pursue their goals independently.
Our vision for the racing component of our community was as follow:
- To promote motorcycle racing by bridging the social riding scene with the racing scene.
- To be nationally and globally known as the team representing Western Sydney.
- To boost motorcycle racing across Australia.
- To support young rider’s dreams.
- To create a precedent for large social motorcycling communities to set up their own racing team or support a racer.
- Importantly, to enable sponsors maximum exposure and marketing to both the social riding and racing scene.